Re: Debian: abandon ship?

> you've got to be new around here. there isn't enough salt in
> the world to
> make your hat tasty enough to retract the last sentence
> above. go directly to
> jail. do not pass go. do not, under any circumstances,
> attempt to collect
> anything at all. bye-bye.

Well, there is a valid point in there. I would never "bet my job" on a mailing list. I do however "bet my job" on a cpl of redhat systems, why? Becuase my employer DOES have a support _contract_ with redhat, making me stay hired even if the box keels over. Would i be able to sort a deb system out with the help of the list? Heck yes, been doing unix for a living for some eight years. But i still cant get a _contract_ on deb support from the list, which is what my employer requires for a mission critical server.