Re: Debian: abandon ship?

ben wrote:
Ivo Wever wrote:
[snip]

I think everyone agrees that Debians package and security update systems
are better. Red Hats installation procedure is userfriendlier, but that
doesn't explain why professionals use it. I question the claim that Red
Hat provides better support (average helpdesk personel couldn't have
helped me like (the archives of) this list have). I can't
judge the system configuration system though. Consequently, I can't
think of any reason for using Red Hat other than not knowing
Debian (or fellow employees not knowing Debian). Or have I been
brainwashed by Debian propaganda already?

by your logic--the mass of users=quality of o.s.--we should all be using the crap that linux enables us to reject. what point are you attempting to make?

I'm not attempting to make any point. I'm trying to understand why so many
people choose to use another distro.

sincerely,
--
Ivo Wever