Re: do I need a woody update after 50 days?

Hello kindly_remove_this_part_first_jidanni@ms46.hinet.net,

I suggest you bring a copy of Debian ftp archive in the laptop or hard
disk drive and put it in the LAN as the central installation source.
It's about 8.4 GB total. I think the InstallFest may need a ftp archive
in the LAN for faster installation. If you put one in the LAN, then
everyone can modify their /etc/apt/sources.list like

# Taiwan Debian Installfest

deb ftp://domain.or.ip stable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://domain.or.ip testing main contrib non-free
deb ftp://domain.or.ip/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free
deb ftp://domain.or.ip/debian-security stable/updates main contrib non-free

The advantage is that everyone can install latest pacages from the same
installation source.

Patrick Hsieh <pahud@pahud.net>
GPG public key http://pahud.net/pubkeys/pahudatpahud.gpg