Re: RAM upgrade == Kernel Panic

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 08:48:01PM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
| Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
| >On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 06:51:17PM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:

| >| The failure during boot is where the VFS fails to find the device at the
| >| address/location specified.
| >
| >How about double-checking lilo's config that the root= parameter is
| >correct.  Are you trying to boot the exact same kernel as before?  If
| >not, do you have the disk controller compiled in or loaded from the
| >initrd?

| Would these suggestions apply if I can resolve the problem by resorting
| to the original RAM?

They apply if you have no better ones :-).  Almost 2 months ago I had
problems booting a new machine with a 2.4 kernel other than the bf2.4
one.  I couldn't figure out why it couldn't find any /bin/init.  It
turned out that, somehow, I had "boot=" instead of "root=" in boot
loader config.  'b' != 'r'

| root= parameter is correct
| same kernel - yes.
| as for the disk controller, it hasn't been changed since the successful
| boots from the old RAM.

Ok.

-D

--

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
soul?  Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/