Using both CDROM and Apt-get

hi,

I have installed woody from 7 CDROM images, since the image are quite
old. It was made on 2001. So I decided to use dselect to update my
woody to the current one from the nearest server.

What happen if I decide to use my CDROM again, that means the apt source-list will be
replaced with CDROM? I mean, what happen to the program that I have in
my HD, because the CDROM prog should be older than my current one in
my HD.

Is it possible to backup the information about the prog in the
CDROM, without have to scan the CDROM all over again every time we
change our source?

Thanks

--
Willy