Re: Using both CDROM and Apt-get

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 10:30:01AM +0800, Willy S wrote:
> What happen if I decide to use my CDROM again, that means the apt source-list will be
> replaced with CDROM? I mean, what happen to the program that I have in

You can have as many sources listed as you like -- they will be
added, not overwriting the old ones. I, too, have my "old" woody
cd's listed as well as an ftp address. Since I have only a slow
dialup connection, I've created a preferences file with everything
on the CD's -- so apt won't try to connect every time I want to
install a package, simply because there's a newer version. If I want
to upgrade (which I do, every now and then) I just move that file
out of the way and it can upgrade smoothly.

andrej

--
echo ${girl_name} > /etc/dumpdates