Re: Make eth0 be eth1, something like eth0=eth1?

Hello Roy,

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 06:46:48AM -0700, AE Roy wrote:
> I'm looking for a way in which I can turn my eth0 into eth1. I've been
> thru all the files in /etc/network but I didn't find what I'm looking for.

I have not tested this, but try the following kernel parameter at boot time
(i.e. in your lilo/grub configuration or by hand):

ether=0,0,eth1

(The format is ether=irq,addr,name where 0 indicates autoprobe for irq and
addr.)

As stated above, don't know if this works with a single nic.

--
Greetings,
Tobias