Make eth0 be eth1, something like eth0=eth1?

I have a laptop with a pcmciacard, and I want to use this as a
thinclientserver. But the thinclientserver packages I have, expect eth0 to
be my outer-network, and my eth1 to be the network for the thinclients. My
problem is that I only have eth0, since I only have 1 pcmciacard. I don't
need the outer-netorwk.

I'm looking for a way in which I can turn my eth0 into eth1. I've been
thru all the files in /etc/network but I didn't find what I'm looking for.

I was imagening something along the lines of eth0=eth1.

Anyone know anything about this?

Roy