Re: developer's .configure

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 10:32:23 -0400, Brian Stults wrote:
> Is there a way to figure out what options a debian developer used to
> compile the source of a package.

Yes. Add "source" entries to your /etc/apt/sources.list; do "apt-get update"
and from then on you can do "apt-get source <packagename>" to download the
sources (which are typically split in an unmodified upstream tarball and a
.diff.gz that details changes made for Debian packaging).

HTH,
Ray
--
The "Penguin Powered" logos people love should really be "Penguin
Empowered". That, I think, is the best thing about Linux, too. We've given