Re: jigdo-easy /woody

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 01:12:34PM +0200, jfcarvajal wrote:

> I have a problem when trying to download a woody iso image with jigdo-easy.
> It always says "oops! some file missed. First I followed the readme
> intructions but i had always the same message.

I don't know about jigdo-easy (I assume though, it's the Windows
version since your header says you posted your message from Outlook)
but I was successful with jigdo-lite under Linux.

That was a permanent connection yet not very fast, plus I had to
pause the download for, say, two weeks and then continue. If I
remember correctly, I got a similar error: some files failed to
download because the image got updated and they were simply
excluded. The solution was to get the new index file and pretend to
be downloading everything from scratch -- then at the beginning
you're prompted to give the path of a possible older version of the
same image to reuse common files. That's what I did, some files were
missing and got downloaded at once -- I think it was ten, maybe
twenty new packages. Really just a few megabytes. Everything else
was there already.

Good luck,
andrej

--