Re: this post is not off-topic

On Tuesday 04 June 2002 02:43 am, David Wright wrote:
> I'll ignore the ad hominem. How about a poll at debianplanet?
>
> ( ) No architecture should move forward untill all can move
>     forward together.
>
> ( ) i386 and PPC should take priority; other architectures
>     can follow when they're ready.
>
> I guess you're confident that the second option would only get 2 votes.

ad hominem? since you obviously need to re-read this, here you go:

so your argument is that because debian isn't going in the direction that you
want, all other considerations should be abandoned? mounting criticism? you
adding your two cents to one other guy? as far as working with the
maintainers to squash bugs, you seem to have 8 active bug reports but i don't
see where you worked with the maintainers to squash bugs beyond the initial
report. your collection of debian-centric whitepapers is a collection only in
the most minimalistic definition of the word in that it consists of two basic
installation advisories that hardly show evidence of anything near the effort
that the word maintain, in the context of debian, normally implies. since,
apparently, none of the packages with which you are familiar requires your
input, it does appear that your current capacity to contribute is limited to
providing this flamebait. do you really think that this, particularly given
the rude and condescending tone you adopt, is a valid productive contribution?

where's the ad hominem attack on you in the above? as it stands, since you
haven't presented any valid justification for your ad hominem attack on the
maintainers, you might want to move away from that window.

btw, do you want to shed any light on why your last post directed to me was
routed via hungary? or why the ip address for www.metaconsultancy.com belongs
to a block assigned to the university of washington? or why there are no
client testimonial references at that site? after all, you did allege some
manner of professionalism. i'm merely drawing your attention to the fact that
it can't be verified.

ben