Re: iplimit

On Tuesday 04 June 2002 11:16, Oki DZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to apply:
> okidz:~# iptables -m iplimit -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 23 -j DROP
> --iplimit-above 3
>
> Unfortunately, I had this:
> iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
>
> Kernel version 2.5.18, iptables 1.2.3.
> What's wrong?

Two things come to mind:
 - the iptables filtering HOWTO only lists a "limit" match
 - you should specify the chain before anything else and the matching
rules last as a block.

Try:
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 23 -j DROP -m iplimit --iplimit-above 3

As I see it, iptables parses the command parameters in a nontrivial
order. see the manpage for further info.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!