Re: grub

oz@bluemonk.de wrote:
Ted wrote:

I am trying to boot a SuSE partition on hdb1 using grub..I have the following lines in menu.lst

title suse2
root    (hd1,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb1 ro hdc=scsi

On bootup the system starts to load and then I get a kernel panic message and the system locks up...Could anyone please tell me what I am
doinmg wrong...

No, sorry, just ideas...
- Are the parameters "ro hdc=scsi" really needed? I'm am using grub on all systems without these.
- Is vmlinuz on a filesystem supported by grub, like ext2, reiserfs etc.?

good luck

I have the same parameters on hda3 to boot suse and it works ok.....I have tried deleting the ro and hdc=scsi bot makes no difference..

  Ted Wager
   Libranet Linux user