Re: home network with mac

At 1023072193s since epoch (06/03/02 00:43:13 -0400 UTC), Richard Otte wrote:
>  but I'm thinking the problem may be with my
> /etc/network/interfaces file.  It reads:
>    iface lo inet loopback
>    iface eth0 inet static
>         address
>         netmask
>         network
>         broadcast

That should be okay, so long as your mac has an IP address in the same
block (192.168.1.*), and also if your routing table has an entry that
looks like the following:

`route -n`
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Iface   eth0

If that all looks good, you can try a "ping" to see if
anybody answers on your network.  If that isn't working, then try
sending a little more information about your setup (both the mac, the
debian box, and also the switch, modem, and gateway information).

I'm afraid I don't know about the netatalk error, and it's been a
while since I played with that, so I don't have any suggestions
there.  When you say you can connect to the machine, does that mean
you can log in and get a list of mounts?

Jason Healy