Re: Calendar/scheduling softwae fro debain?

on Wed, May 29, 2002, Ian D. Stewart (idstewart@compuvative.com) wrote:
> On 2002.05.20 14:09 stan wrote:
> >Can anyone recomend a nice time schedulign software application that's
> >in
> >Debain Woody's archive? A Gnome interface would be a plus.
>
> I know I'm coming into this thread somewhat late.  I'm surprised no one
> has recommended Gnome-PIM.  It includes a Calendar app (GnomeCal, or
> some such) with day, week and month views, as well as a basic ToDo.
> And, of course, it is integrated with Gnome.

The issue with calendaring seems to be less finding single-user
calendar software (there's scads for GNU/Linux), but finding a way to
distribute calendar information among users -- department and project
orientations being most useful.

This is where I see peer-level sharing as the real issue.  It's not a
question of finding some place to write your own appointments (hell, I
use 'calendar', to email myself reminders), but to share this data with
other users.  None of the many pages I've read on this topic gives
details on how peer-based calendaring can be shared effectively in an
organization.

This might be a good topic for a writeup from anyone who's done
something similar.

Peace.

    If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?