Netscape 4.77 and PDF files

I searched the archives but found no mention of this.  It used to be (in
the 'potato' distribution) that Netscape displayed PDF files inside the
browser window, as if they were just another web page.  Since I upgraded
to the 'unstable' distribution, Netscape forgot how to handle PDF files at
all, so I set it up to use acroread, but now the pages come up in a
separate acroread window.  Can anyone tell me how to restore the earlier

Patrick Wiseman
Linux user #17943