Re: synaptic ???

On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 22:49, Andy Saxena wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 11:39:35PM -0500, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> >
> > Andy Saxena wrote:

> > > Eh? I run X apps all the time. Heck, I can even run KDE/ Gnome as root.
> > > As far as I can remember, I didn't do anything special to enable this.
> > >
> > > Care to enlighten me?
> >
> > I've seen it before; and, on this new woody, root cannot start x.  I've
> > seen this on this List, too.
> >
> > I do not know where this is configured; but, as my other post asks, I'd
> > like to know how to manage this.
> >

> What is the error message you get when you type startx in the console?

KDM will most definately let you use XF86 as root.  I think thats the
only way you can do config on KDE apps.  But Im not sure.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."