Re: synaptic ???

Andy Saxena wrote:

> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 08:40:27PM -0500, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> >
> > Anybody used synaptic on debian to manage rpm's?
> >
> > It is a graphical/x app that must run as root -- and, by default, root
> > cannot run x apps ;<
>
> Eh? I run X apps all the time. Heck, I can even run KDE/ Gnome as root.
> As far as I can remember, I didn't do anything special to enable this.
>
> Care to enlighten me?

I've seen it before; and, on this new woody, root cannot start x.  I've
seen this on this List, too.

I do not know where this is configured; but, as my other post asks, I'd
like to know how to manage this.

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .