synaptic ???

Anybody used synaptic on debian to manage rpm's?

It is a graphical/x app that must run as root -- and, by default, root
cannot run x apps ;<

What is the best way to manage rpm's that are not available as deb's?

Apparently, apt can manage rpm's, to some degree.  Is it simply a matter
of putting rpm lines in sources.list?

Are there advantages of using rpm's, instead of compiling from source?

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .