CUPS Printing Problems: Hex Codes?

I am trying to set up a debian print server with CUPS; intended clients:
OpenServer via lpd and Win95 via samba.

My printer is a Fujitsu dot matrix DL3800 which I have configured with a raw
queue. I can print jobs using lp from both the Debian server and the
OpenServer client and also with samba from Win95.

My problem is that I also have an Openserver application that sends print
job and it allows the user to esc/p2 printer commands to toggle between two
print attributes - condensed char off (ESC DC2) and condensed char on (ESC
SI); this is configured with the hex codes 1B0F and 1B12. When this facility
is enabled and I try to print with the application I get an error in the
Debian server lpr.log: Unable to print file -
client-error-document-format-not-supported.  When the hex codes are removed
the application can print but only with condensed char off.

Is there a way to configure CUPS to accept these esc/p2 print commands
(hexadecimal codes)?

Any suggestion or reference sources would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Andrew