Re: General Java question

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 09:00:44AM -0500, dman wrote:
> Java isn't all that Sun's marketing folks say it is.  I've crashed
> jvms quite a bit.  I'm no longer surprised when java applets don't
> work all that well.  (the VNC java applet works great, though)

Yeah, true. There are multiple issue of course. Multiple JVM's by different
vendors, some with proprietary extensions and buggy JVM's, multiple versions,
and of course, crappy applications. Many apps just don't do QA. They only do minor
testing with whatever JVM they have installed and that's it. You have the same
issues with different C compilers, processors, etc.