Re: OT: debian-beer (was Re: wrapping [was: Re: disable paragraphflows in mozilla?])

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 07:57:27AM -0400, Thomas Good wrote:

> about this insensitive behaviour.  This sort of thing is not taught
> in American schools perhaps because it is seemingly at odds with our
> democratic principles.  The less polished side of US history is covered
> well by Howard Zinn (Peoples History of the United States - used at
> several universities) and a great book called: 'The 60s Without Apology.'

Interesting.  I might have to pick that up to get me through a
particularly dull shift.

> Now there was a similar event (same time frame) that occurred at
> Jackson State in Mississippi.  Maybe a helo was involved there?

Possibly.  I swear I remember seing film footage in a documentary on IFC
about the 60s a while back.

> Baloo - should you stop by New York City pop in.  We'll have a pint
> and maybe a glass of decent whisky (if any is left by that time!)

Sure, not sure how I'm going to get to NYC again now that I don't have a
job that sends me *everywhere*.

--
Baloo