Re: Suggestions for a USB Webcam

On Sat, 2002-05-25 at 00:01, marshal@h9.dion.ne.jp wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions on what works well with linux?  I've
> scanned over the USB-linux devices list, so I have a feel of what
> works and what doesn't.  So I'm looking for opinions and expriences.

The Philips PCVC 740K (aka ToUcam Pro) works pretty well for me. It's
supported by the 2.4 kernel series though you might want to download a
(optional) proprietary compression module for higher resolutions and
framerates. The builtin microphone doesn't make any problems either.

If you still use a 2.2 kernel it's probably a bad choice, I didn't get
it working there yet.

--
Thomas