Installing sid from scratch

I've been running varios distros for a number of years (starting with slack
about 6 years ago) and never got into debian. It's about time I did. I'm a
bleeding edge kinda guy, and wanted to play with the latest code. So I'm
looking at sid. Sid doesn't have install disks yet, so I'm wondering what the
best way is to get up and running.  Do I go the woody route and dist-upgrade?
Is there a faq out there somewhere (didn't find one googling or searching deb
web site...) that goes over this?

My preference is to download the absolute minimum and net-install a minimal
system. From the install guide it looks like I have to install a number of
floppies (yuck). Has anyone done this using a minimal CDROM instead? DLing 650M
is silly, but if there was an ISO (of any version of debian actually since I
can dist-upgrade) of the minimal stuff (rescue, root, drivers, and base) that
would be awesome.

If you reply to me directly instead of the list I can post a summary of
all the reswponses ala sun-managers....