Re: Serious "Bug" in most major Linux distros.

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 03:16:57AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Tue, May 21, 2002, Petro (petro@auctionwatch.com) wrote:
> >     All I'm asking for at this point is something that the rest of the
> >     Unix World has done forever, a statically linked /sbin/sh for
> roots
> >     use.
> >
> >     Is this the first time someone has brought this up?
> Puhleaze:

    There's a bunch of people here acting like they've never heard of
    the idea, and the only somewhat reasonable excuse I've heard for not
    doing it is "It's a lot of work", which lead me to believe it hadn't
    been discussed here.

>     http://www.google.com/search?q=debian+statically+linked+root+shell

    So it has been brought up before, over 2 years ago, and it's still
    wrong?

--
My last cigarette was roughly 30 days, 15 hours, 21 minutes ago.
YHBW