Re: woody

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 09:34:46PM +0200, Ferdinand Lachmann wrote:
> I am a newby on debian woody 3.0.
> Have a Nvidia GeForce2 DDR in my system.
> Can,t get my xserver running,nor my usb logitech mouse.

I assume you have installed X4.x.

If not, run: apt-get install xserver-xfree86

Then try running "XFree86 -configure" as root. This should give you a
working configuration file that gives you an ugly gray screen. You can
then tweak the config file into more usable setup. If this doesn't
start the xserver, check /var/log/XFree86.0.log for error messages

Or run: dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
select the nv driver for your card.
If you mouse has a wheel it probably uses ImPS/2 protocol and would be
on /dev/input/mice (or /dev/gpmdata if you are using gpm with
repeat_type=raw).

If you reply, please send your message to debian-user@lists.debian.org.

--
Jerome