Re: [OT] UPS signaling cable

on Sat, May 18, 2002, Cam Ellison (camellison@dccnet.com) wrote:

> I have an APC Back-UPS 650 Pro.  Works like a charm.  I don't use the
> Linux driver that is supplied, because apcupsd works better.  Gives
> you more information than you probably want to know.  I get in excess

Please use postfix quoting format:  your reply goes below the material
cited.  Trim your quotes appropriately and ensure your attributions are
accurate.

Thank you.

Is that the USB with the USB or the serial cable?  I've got a recent APC
UPS 650 with a USB signal cable, and apcupsd fails at start saying it
can't communicate over the (non-existent) serial cable.

    On why IBM wins:  "IBM has been able to play the vendors off each
    other.  Sun and Microsoft hate each other, while Sun and Microsoft
    only hate IBM some of the time."
     -- James Governor http://news.com.com/2100-1001-912906.html?tag=fd_lede