Re: Debian on an old system

Thanks to everyone who's already responded. Rather than quote 5
differenet messages, I'll just spit out the questions here.

While a GUI would be nice in terms of ease of use, the primary use is
going to be in a muffler shop, so a mouse wouldn't survive long anyway.
That leaves me with ncurses and from what I've read on here so far, it
sounds like that should run ok, even on the 486 with 8 megs of RAM.

The remaining question is what can I do in terms of data storage/access.
MySQL would be easy enough to work with, but what about performance? Can
the systems handle MySQL? Unfortunately, my data storage experience is
limited so I'm looking at either a premade solution (e.g. MySQL) or a
flat file.

-Alex