Re: Not Realtek! (was Re: good choice of network card?)

At 2002-05-15T00:10:16Z, Shyamal Prasad <shyamal.prasad@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> On a server I'd side with you. At home, where it's hard to push my card
> much beyond a million or bits a second...

I guess it depends on your setup.  I have several mixed-OS workstations
hanging off a FreeBSD NIS/NFS server.  Since /home is a remote filesystem, I
tend to work the LAN pretty hard more or less constantly.  In my situation,
the Intel EtherExpress NICs in all of the machines earn their keep.
--
Kirk Strauser