Config Network Printing

Hello all,

I've researched all the lists and how-to's and have gotten thoroughly confused.
I've also loaded lpr, lprng, printtool and numerous other programs trying to
to configure a printer, so I'm asking all the print experts for some advise.
I'm running woody 2.2.20 and want to print to an hp laserjet 6p using a D-link
print server connected directly to the printer.  The printer and D-link work
great with windows nt and 2000 but I'm having a terrible time trying to get it
to work with my mac os/x and linux box.  HELP!!!

Tim