Re: Config Network Printing

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 06:55:05PM -0700, Tim Grogan wrote:
| Hello all,
|
| I've researched all the lists and how-to's and have gotten thoroughly confused.
| I've also loaded lpr, lprng, printtool and numerous other programs trying to
| to configure a printer, so I'm asking all the print experts for some advise.
| I'm running woody 2.2.20 and want to print to an hp laserjet 6p using a D-link
| print server connected directly to the printer.  The printer and D-link work
| great with windows nt and 2000 but I'm having a terrible time trying to get it
| to work with my mac os/x and linux box.  HELP!!!

Install CUPS.  If the print box's name is hp16 use the device uri
lpd://hp16/L1.  (at least, that's the path for a 2-printer netgear box
here at work)  In the setup pick the proper PPD file for that printer.
It will work fine; hp laserjets are good and support PostScript (as
well as PCL).

HTH,
-D

--

Yes, Java is so bulletproofed that to a C programmer it feels like being in a
straightjacket, but it's a really comfy and warm straightjacket, and the world