Re: cisco vpn client?

"Roach, Mark R." <mrroach@uhg.net> writes:
Hi,

> Has anyone had any luck using the cisco vpn client?
>
> I have tried on kernel 2.4.16 and 2.4.18(after changing get_fast_time to
> do_gettimeofday) and have the same problem on both, the tunnel appears
> to be established, but the cipsec0 interface never comes up.
>
> I have tried both 3.5 and 3.5.1 versions with certificates as well as
> group authentication. Does anyone have this working?

I'm using the cisco vpn client on my Debian/Thinkpad. I have some
problems too :(
When I try to connect with my PCMCIA ISDN I see in syslog "unknown mac
header length (18)" and the connection isn't established. Now I doing
the same because with my ISDN-Modem on COM-Port I see the same warning
in syslog and the connection ist established. And now I try it with my
PCMCIA-Analog Modem V,90 and I see no warnings and it works perfectly.
I haven't realy any idea what is the problem. I try to start vpnclient
with stace and I saw that the client try to use any resource on
127.0.0.1 because the is busy ?
When you have any idea what we can do please send me a mail.

/* I'nm sorry for my terrible english because isn't my native language */

Pozdrawiam/Gruß/Regards
Robert Rakowicz
--
Robert Rakowicz