Re: OT: java.log of failed java program, any ideas

On  0, Walter Tautz <wtautz@math.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> I am currently trying to run matlab which apparently uses
> its own java stuff. Are there any java experts that can
> deciper the log file. . Apparently there is a segmentation
> violation. Perhaps one of the dynamic libraries is at fault.
>
> The annoying thing is I have it working on one woody
> box but not on the other (a laptop). I have tried
> to compare package lists but couldn't see anything
> significant. Is there a more complete way I could debug
> this?

Which java are you using?  I have had various versions, both from Sun
and Blackdown (and I think ibm at one stage) segfault at more-or-less
random places - something to do with the threading model I believe.
Sun's JDK 1.3.1_02 is currently doing the Right Thing for me.

HTH
Tom
--
Tom Cook

"That you're not paranoid does not mean they're not out to get you."
	- Robert Waldner

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au