Re: Performance question

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 09:03:01AM +0100, Damir Dezeljin wrote:
> I would apreciate any sugestion about how to set up the machine for the
> greatest performance for NFS and Samba sharing. Also which version of
For NFS, I would imagine that the kernel NFS server will provide
greater performance.  AFAIK it is in the main kernel tree, but you'll
need to install nfs-kernel-server to actually use it.

> Samba, Kernel,... is recomanded for such a machine?
Kernel 2.4 seems to be pretty good these days, but make sure you use a
post 2.4.11 kernel, otherwise your system will swap itself to death.

-rob