Re: Video Editing

On Sun, 12 May 2002 22:46:10 +0200
Sven Hoexter <sven@telelev.net> wrote:

>  On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 06:39:26PM +0100, Hereward Cooper wrote:
>  > ** I'm off list so please CC: me!
>  >
>  > Does anyone know of some video editing software that can chop some
>  > frames from a DivX avi? The only ones I have seen do camcorder stuff.
>  There is no good software for linux avaible atm.

Depends on what you mean by good. avidemux[1] is good enough for me. For
cutting sections from the start and end of a video, MPlayer's evil twin
MEncoder can also do the trick. Here's a sample command:

mencoder uncut.avi -ss 0:20 -endpos 10 -ovc copy -oac copy -o cut.avi

which in English probably reads cut off the first 20 seconds of the
video then copy the ten seconds after that.

[1] http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/