vrml viewer ?

I am having great difficulty finding a well behaved program that will allow
me to view vrml files under Linux.

vrweb and vrwave crash with java errors.  lookat does not appear to support
Text nodes.  freewrl does not appear to support hardware acceleration.

This has been making adding support for generating vrml files to a
program I'm writing (http://www.chaosreigns.com/code/springgraph/3d.html)
very frustrating.  Is there any vrml browser that any of you have found
pleasant that I have missed ?

--
"Am I a man who dreamed I was a butterfly, or am I a butterfly who is
dreaming I am a man?" - Chuang Tsu, ~350 BC