Re: After upgrading kernel I lost my CDROM

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 10:35:05PM -0700, Edward Kleckner wrote:
> I have been running a version of woody from Feb 28, 2002 on a 686
> machine using the 2.2.19 kernel that was installed from a potato cdrom
> set and then the software was updated from another cdrom set to
> woody.  Everything was working fine for many days, but xcdroast
> complained about cdrecord not working since it needed a 2.4 kernel.

For some reason, cdrecord needs to be compiled under the same kernel
version as it is going to be running under.

It's quite easy to recompile cdrecord under a 2.2 kernel:
    $ cd /tmp
    $ apt-get source cdrecord
    $ cd cdrecord-*
    # Check the build-depends in /debian/control, and install any
    # missing packages
    $ fakeroot debian/rules binary

and install the resulting deb...

--