Re: Apache?? problem

* David Smead (smead@amplepower.com) [020507 15:22]:
> In /var/log/messages I get the following when the error occurs.
>
> May  7 10:34:10 knuth -- MARK --
>
> Any one with clues?

The --MARK-- is nothing. Syslog just prints this to your syslog every 20
minutes, by default. The interval can be changed by using the -m option
to syslogd. I think the point is to have an indication that the logging
daemon is still active, even when no activity is being logged, and to
be able to easily see the time intervals when reviewing the logs without
having to inspect the timestamps of each line. You should notice that
these messages occur regularly, and do not in fact correspond with any
errors (or other activities) on your system (apache or otherwise).

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume.shtml