Re: Kernel 2.4.18-686 and PCMCIA woes

On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 14:31, Peter Whysall wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 19:36, Tommi Komulainen wrote:
>
> There's something wicked in my 2.4.18-686 PCMCIA stuff, though, because
> here's the errors I get when I do: /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart
>
> The wickedness comes from the fact that it should be using the 3c589
> driver, not the i82365 one - and on inspection of the

with 2.4 series kernels you need to be using the yenta_socket module
instead of i82365

look under /etc/pcmcia and in /etc/init.d/pcmcia for instances of i82365
and change them to yenta_socket this will get your card services working
properly at least (which you certainly need to do to get any card
working). I don't believe i82365 works on much hardware in the 2.4
kernels.

this should perhaps fixed by a simple if statement in the pcmcia
initscript to load the correct driver based on kernel ver.