Re: OpenOffice 1.0 ,debs?

On Fri, 3 May 2002 07:23:53 -0700
"ben" <benfoley@rcn.com> wrote:

> so, is that the only choice, a manual non-deb install?

That would probably depend highly on whether you wanted the latest version
or not.

> to take the
> question further, is openoffice worth the effort? how does it differ
> from the last iteration of staroffice?

First major difference is the removal of that damned Star Office desktop
that you were forced to run.  Each of the interfaces are now seperate.  As
for whether it's worth it or not, I have it installed simply because I
work with people that still rely on MS Office.  If I didn't have to read
some of their docs from time to time, I wouldn't use it.

> whether it's wanker mcneally or wanker
> gates, in both cases, there's a wanker desirous of compliance and
> submission.

Not worth getting into that discussion.

--
Jamin W. Collins