Re: EXT3 questions

#include <hallo.h>
Michael Meskes wrote on Wed May 01, 2002 um 09:55:57AM:

> I even tried removing it thinking of an old file as you mentioned in you
> other mail. But after reboot the system complains about a missing
> journal and goes to ext2. After recreating .journal via tune2fs it works
> well again as ext3 but the file is still visible.

Weird. Is it really an up-to-date box? I was told, newer e2progs do even
hide the journal afterwards if they get a chance, ie. running e2fsck on
an umounted partition.

> Thanks.
>
> But my main problem remains why I cannot boot an ext3 root partition
> with our standard kernel. Is anyone using such a setup?

I have been using some months ago. Are you using initrd-based kernels?
Which initrd-tools version? Which filesystem type did you specify in
fstab?

initrd-tools (0.1.19) unstable; urgency=low

  * Include ext3 as well as ext2 when fstab says ext2.
  * Handle file system lists in fstab correctly (closes: #133303).

 -- Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org>  Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:10:52 +1100

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Am 8. Tag schuf Gott Linux und er sah das es gut war.