Re: EXT3 questions

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 08:45:37PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > These two partitions were the ones moved to ext3. And ls -a shows
> > .journal in / but not in /disks/oldhome.
>
> Weird. Which kernel and which e2progs has been used to create the

Kernel 2.4.18, e2fsprogs 1.27-2.

> journal? Did you try to clear the journal bit (man tune2fs) and recreate
> the journal?

I even tried removing it thinking of an old file as you mentioned in you
other mail. But after reboot the system complains about a missing
journal and goes to ext2. After recreating .journal via tune2fs it works
well again as ext3 but the file is still visible.

Thanks.

But my main problem remains why I cannot boot an ext3 root partition
with our standard kernel. Is anyone using such a setup?

I guess I will try with some other machine as well, but then we already
tried with 26 identical machines and none worked. :-(

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De