Re: Getting mozilla going...

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:42:25 -0600
"Mike Fontenot" <mlfasf@attbi.com> wrote:

> I just installed mozilla from potato.  When I first
> executed it (from my non-root login), it appeared
> to be setting MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to /usr/lib/mozilla
> (as well as setting various other environmental
> variables).  But, even after a reboot, that variable
> isn't set, either under my non-root login, or under
> the root login.
(snip)

> /usr/lib/mozilla/run-mozilla.sh /usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin
> MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/mozilla
>   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/mozilla
>      LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/mozilla:/usr/lib/mozilla/components
>        SHLIB_PATH=/usr/lib/mozilla
>           LIBPATH=/usr/lib/mozilla
>        ADDON_PATH=/usr/lib/mozilla
>       MOZ_PROGRAM=/usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin
>       MOZ_TOOLKIT=
>         moz_debug=0
>      moz_debugger=

The above items are simply environment variables.  They are created when
Mozilla is started. They are not permanent.  The fact that they aren't
there after a reboot is quite normal, they shouldn't be.  What problem are
you experiencing or more specifically, what are you attempting to
accomplish?

--
Jamin W. Collins