Re: [update] Re: CUPS: now pdf files don't print

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 05:32:06PM -0500, DvB wrote:
> dman <dman@dman.ddts.net> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 08:28:06AM -0500, DvB wrote:
>
> <snip forgetting NT password>
>
> > :-).  You could use the empty string as your password ... (if you want
> > to ensure you won't forget it)
> >

> Hmm... hadn't realized it would let me do that. Might be worth doing.
>
> I think the one I used this time should stay with me, though.

My cousin (a MS network admin) had a 'winbreaker' disk that he found
somewhere on the net...It's basically a linux boot disk setup to
automatically boot into a program that overwrites the administrator
password in the registry with whatever you specify.
Linux NTFS-write support is pretty flaky, so the filesystem suffers a
bit of damage, but chkdsk fixes it on reboot.

-rob

--
I did not vote for the Australian government.