Re: broken apt upgrade

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 09:29:23AM +0100, Andrew Pritchard wrote:
> Ran my morning apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade, and now netsaint is playing
> up. Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong, and how I should fix it!

You might want to consider using apt-get dist-upgrade instead; it'll
try to upgrade everything, rather than just getting newer versions of
packages.  Also, the -u flag is handy; it shows you the list of
packages that are being upgraded.

> Reloading netsaint configuration files.
> dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 1
> dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
> Reloading netsaint configuration files.
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/netsaint-plugins-pgsql_1.2.9.4-
> 18.1_i386.deb (--unpack):
>  subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 1
> Reloading netsaint configuration files.
> dpkg: error while cleaning up:
>  subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/netsaint-plugins-pgsql_1.2.9.4-18.1_i386.deb
> djelibyebi:~#

This means that the post-removal script from the old version failed,
so dpkg tried the postrm script from the new one, which also failed.
AFAICT, this is a package bug.  Have you had a look at
bugs.debian.org/netsaint-plugins-pgsql to see if this is known?
If it's already been reported, then I guess you'll just have to wait
until a fixed version is released.

-rob

--
I did not vote for the Australian government.