dynamically generated files

I need something that dynamically generates files on the file system.
Much like cgi.  I need it to just happen when a program accesses the
file.  It will only be reading said file not executing it.  Anyone have
any ideas on how to do this on a woody system with ext3 fs?  Thanks
--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."