Re: stumped on xfonts-terminus

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 05:16:24PM -0400, Dan Christensen wrote:
> But on a 14 inch 1600x1200 screen it's too small.  Can anyone
> recommend any good fixed-width fonts which are available in
> large sizes?  (truetype/bitmap/whatever)  I've searched and
> searched and can't find something I like.

If you don't mind leeching off The Evil Empire, install the
msttcorefonts package. Andale mono is a nice looking monospace
scalable truetype font. One nice feature is it clearly distinguishes
"O" and "0" as well as "l" and "1",

Since you are running Hi-Res on a small screen make sure that you have
your monitor's dpi or DisplaySize specified in XF86Config so that the
font server can make sense of the pointsizes. And here I was thinking
that 1400x1040 on a 15" screen was small...

HTH
dt
--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all