Re: Re: Re: installing woody

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:35:48 -0700, you wrote:

>Not just to you but Debian is cautious when it comes to Kernel upgrade.
>Changing sources.list does not upgrade kernel from 2.2 to 2.4.
>
>It requires you to install and at the same time configure few things.
>Mostly initrd related staff.

did apt-get update
      apt-get upgrade

Then installed the new kernel.  Yes, I can still boot 2.2 from a floppy.  I have not
removed the old kernel. This system never did boot from hard drive because
of the remote location of the linux partition.

What needs to be configured besides lilo?

> See "User's Guide":     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/users-guide/
> See "Debian reference": http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/
> "Debian reference" Project at: http://qref.sf.net

Will look at these.  Usually, cooked references are acres of simple advice which
never get around to mentioning the problem I am having.  Or the problem is
mentioned in the 10th sentence of the 12,375th paragraph, right here on page
1,323 with no reference anywhere that points to it.  It is so much easier and
quicker if somebody knows the answer.

Gleason