RE: simple dpkg & compile from source question

Thanks for the replies.

Package: qmailadmin_0.45-1_i386.deb built from qmailadmin-0.45.tar.gz.

Current build: qmailadmin-1.0.2.tar.gz

This was pulled down from apt source and built by a friend of mine last
year and is running on my mta.  I've set up all other qmail/vpopmail
packages and they're running ok; qmailadmin is the last.

The trouble has been with the install script dropping qmailadmin into
/usr/local while the INSTALL directions specify /usr/local/share.  I
don't think it'd break if I moved the folder over to share since it's
just html templates; the rest of the install paths look correct but
instead of hacking around with it; I'm waiting for an answer on a
compile error from inter7 (see below) in hopes of defining if this is
the one problem, or if there are others as well.

I noticed after trying to get this working a few times that my friend
compiled this from source since dpkg -l doesn't show the package-- he
forgot to mention that to me when he suggested I use his packages
instead of building my own.

This error could be caused by him building the package incorrectly
though I doubt it since he's pretty meticulous over his work and debian.
I could try rebuilding it.  I'm wondering if I can use qmailadmin-1.0.2
with vpopmail 4.9.9-1.  I'll post my findings if I get the deb package
working if anyone's interested.

Regards, justin

--------email to
inter7--------------------------------------------------

Hi, ran into trouble configuring qmailadmin 0.45.  output is below.
specifically, "unable to find your html base directory."  the install
notes say default is /usr/local/share/qmailadmin.  What's causing this
error?

Also, I've got these files on another server i.e. same build etc; should
I simply copy them?

cat: /var/lib/vpopmail/etc/inc_deps: No such file or directory
cat: /var/lib/vpopmail/etc/lib_deps: No such file or directory

qmail 1.03-17
vpopmail 4.9.9-1

Thanks in advance! justin

----./configure qmailadmin output------------------------------------

qmail/qmailadmin-0.45# ./configure --enable-ezmlmdir=/usr/bin/ezmlm
--enable-autoresponder-bin=/usr/bin/autorespond

checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking whether make
sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found checking for working automake...
found checking for working autoheader... found checking for working
makeinfo... missing checking host system type... i686-unknown-linux
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc checking whether the C compiler (gcc  )
works... yes checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a
cross-compiler... no checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes checking for ranlib...
(cached) ranlib checking for POSIXized ISC... no checking how to run the
C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E checking for AIX... no checking for
crypt in -lcrypt... (cached) yes checking for crypt in -lshadow...
(cached) no checking for floor in -lm... (cached) yes checking for
gethostbyaddr in -lnsl... (cached) yes checking for getsockname in
-lsocket... (cached) no
cat: /var/lib/vpopmail/etc/inc_deps: No such file or directory
cat: /var/lib/vpopmail/etc/lib_deps: No such file or directory
configure: error: Unable to find your html base directory, specify
--enable-htmldir.