Re: Debian's position on MP3 encoders?

On 27 Apr 2002 22:01:14 -0500
"Shyamal Prasad" <shyamal.prasad@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Now if I can ask one more quetion: what's a good jukebox? I have about
> 180 CDs I want to rip and be able to managed. Jamin, what did you feed
> those play lists into?

Well, I like to keep my ripped CDs organized in the following format:

Artist -> Album(s) -> Track(s)

I find it useful to have album based playlists that are stored just under
the Artist directory (same level as the Album directory).  Unfortunately,
I didn't see a means of getting Jack to make these for me at the desired
location.  So, I wrote a smallish bash script that when run from the top
level directory (same level as all Artist directories) will create m3u
playlists for all Albums.  I then use XMMS on my various workstations to
play the desired albums.

> PS: I have to say that my hatred for file names with Spaces in them is
> the only knock I have against Jack, and I suppose that is easy to fix
> in the config file (which is just Python, wheee...).

Yes, I believe the config file can be set to get rid of spaces and replace
them with other preferred character(s).

--
Jamin W. Collins